Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

ONE THING I KNOW - poem by Lisa Anne Kelley Peter

One thing I know, and I know so well,
and this one thing I've got to tell
No one, no how, no way
can ever take God out of the public domain

I looked for Him in school today
and though I saw no reference to His name
He was there just the same
I saw His evidence everyplace

Where did the brick come from to build the walls,
and the flooring to line the halls?
Who created every human form
Who made everything out of the norm?

I saw pictures on the bullentin boards
of zebra's and rainbows and beautiful snow,
mountans and rivers and a big red rose

At recess I saw the pebbles and sand,
and the sky above and trees and more

In the cafeteria I saw trays of food, milk and juice.
No the students didn't bow their heads,
but in my heart I gave God thanks...

I looked for and longed for a time of prayer
I thought how much more powerful it would be
than the time out chair..

In the morning when I had my break,
you know what I was doing -
I was praising His Name

Everywhere I looked, I saw the things that God had created.
To Him be all the glory and praise!

Lisa Peter Feb 2010 (written after a day of subbing in the Chester County Public Schools)

No comments:

Post a Comment